Useful FAQ’s around ISV:
1. Does SUSE provide partner support subscriptions?
Yes, ISV partners are entitled to our no-charge partner software subscriptions for your development, test, support, and other activities you do to support SUSE product with your products. To obtain updates, partner subscriptions must be activated by partner registration codes. Partner subscriptions may not be used for production purposes.
2. What are the requirements for obtaining a SUSE partner subscription?
To obtain a SUSE subscription and registration code for partner use, you must be registered in the SUSE partner portal. To register in the SUSE partner portal, go to https://partner.suse.com and click on the Register for Access link at the top of the page. If your company has already registered, the program will try to match your email domain to your company. Fill in the information and the system will send you an email to verify your email address. You will be sent another email when your registration is approved.
3. How do I download SUSE products?
SUSE products for partner test and development use are available through the SUSE partner portal.
4. How do I get a partner registration code?
Log in to the partner portal, scroll down and click on the button for Registration Codes. You will be taken to the SUSE partner subscription portal. Choose the “registration code” link from there and you will see the list of available SUSE software product codes that are available to you. Click on the key code you want. The key will be transferred to the SUSE Customer Center for your use.
5. What’s the difference between an eval registration code from suse.com and a partner registration code?
Evaluation registration codes available from suse.com are valid for 60 days and cannot be renewed. Partner test and development codes obtained through the SUSE partner portal are valid for one year and can be renewed.
6. How long is the partner registration code good for?
The code is good for one year and will auto renew for successive one year periods.
7. Can the same request code be used on other VMs/hosts?
Yes, the owner of the partner registration code may use a single registration code on multiple physical or virtual machines.
8. Who can request a partner software subscription?
The person requesting the subscription needs to be listed as a contact for your company in the SUSE partner system and in the SUSE Customer Center.
9. How do I sign up in the SUSE partner portal?
See Question 2.
10. Where do I go to see and track my SUSE subscriptions?
Go to the SUSE Customer Center scc.suse.com.
11. How do I get support?
Choose between the multiple types of assistance that SUSE offers for partner support.