- In order to use the paravirtualized drivers in SUSE Linux Enterprise Virtual Machine Driver Pack, the underlying hardware must be Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel-VT) or AMD Virtualization (AMD-V) enabled. Furthermore, the host operating system must be SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP4 using Xen 3.2 at a minimum, though the recommended host is SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 and Xen 4.2 or KVM 1.4.
- Minimum system requirements for installation & operationThe requirements for Fully Virtualized Windows are the same as the requirements for the Virtual Machine Driver Pack. For further details, please refer to the specific documentation for your guest operating system.
- Drivers themselves use very minimal disc space (less than 5 MB).
- Recommended system requirements
- Minimum 512 MB RAM for Xen or KVM virtual host server
- Minimum additional 256 MB RAM per Xen or KVM virtual machine (except for Win 2008 Server which requires 1 GB RAM)
- Supported processor platforms (Host)
- x86-64 - AMD64 (AMD-V) & Intel64 (Intel-VT)
- Needs AMD-V or Intel-VT hardware-assisted technology