Assemble, build and maintain complete application stacks in minutes and deploy wherever you want.
SUSE Studio in a nutshell
SUSE Studio™ is a web-based tool that allows you to build, test, deploy, and maintain software applications based on SUSE Linux Enterprise. With SUSE Studio you can create software application images or appliances in several formats, making it easy to deploy them on physical hardware, in virtualized environments, or to cloud environments. You can build ISO files for making installable Live CDs or raw disk images that can be written directly to physical hard drives or removable media such as USB sticks. Within a couple of clicks, you decide if you would like to generate virtual application images in the standard formats supported by VMware, Xen, KVM, Hyper-V or OVF. With one click you can also deploy your cloud application directly to Amazon EC2 or SUSE OpenStack Cloud.
More important, SUSE Studio stores all build-related information as well as the configuration of your application images. At any time, you can reproduce your application image or appliance. Integrated version control and change logging enable the review or audit of changes before any application image or appliance moves into production. Integrated "test drive" functionality allows the testing of the application image or appliances before download. Once approved, the application image becomes the baseline to which further changes may be applied in future. This saves you hours of download time, and allows you to securely test your application image before you download and deploy it.
- Remove complexity of software deployments:Automate your software deployment process and remove cost- and labor intensive tasks of deploying and maintaining software applications. Let SUSE Studio support you on standardization, virtualization and cloud computing. More ›
- Build virtual applications at the push of a button: Virtual applications built with SUSE Studio seamlessly integrate into industry virtualization platforms and standards like VMware, Xen, KVM, Hyper-V and OVF. More ›
- Ramp on cloud: SUSE Studio is the fastest and easiest way for you to create, test, configure and showcase cloud-optimized application stacks. You can even deploy from SUSE Studio to SUSE OpenStack Cloud or Amazon EC2 with one click. More ›
- Manage with WebYaST: Wondering how you'll be able to manage your deployed software applications? WebYaST, a component of SUSE Studio, is the answer. It is a web-based configuration management tool that provides easy-to-use visibility into the configuration, health and performance of any virtual, software or hardware application image or appliance based on SUSE Linux Enterprise. More ›
- Update with SUSE Lifecycle Management Server: Maintaining deployed software systems is more challenging than ever before. SUSE Lifecycle Management Server, a component of SUSE Studio, gives you a single platform to manage entitlements and deliver unified updates to your deployed software applications. More ›
- Publish with SUSE Gallery: SUSE Gallery is an integrated component of SUSE Studio which allows you to publish, share, exchange, collaborate on, and promote software appliances. SUSE Gallery acts as a central repository for application images or appliances. In this repository, end users can browse for applications that are already available, giving them access to a wide range of ready-to-use functionality. Experience SUSE Gallery ›
- Get support for KIWI:As part of SUSE Studio, award-winning support is extended to cover the open source project KIWI. KIWI is an open source command line tool that builds software images from a description file. It is the core image creation engine integrated into SUSE Studio. Available as a separate download, KIWI enables you to build SUSE Linux Enterprise-based application images or appliances rapidly. KIWI is provided free to the community. Through our support, we offer patches and updates, as well as technical support assistance for using KIWI as part of SUSE Studio. Download KIWI Now ›
Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
For support information, please visit Technical Support.
Live chat only available in the US and Canada.
Locate a qualified partner within your area to assist you with your business needs