Best practices for mission-critical SAP applications
These best practice guides help you integrate highly available SAP business applications into your SUSE Linux Enterprise Server infrastructure.
SUSE, SAP and other partners have created best practice guides covering different aspects of setting up and configuring SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications together with your mission-critical software solutions.
The best practice guides are technical documents designed to help system administrators and technical consultants to integrate highly available SAP business applications into an existing SUSE Linux Enterprise Server infrastructure.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications is the only operating system optimized for SAP software solutions. Learn how to efficiently use the built-in optimizations of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications to enhance business continuity and protect mission-critical business operations for SAP customers.
Overview: SAP solutions made highly available on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications
SAP Business Suite is a sophisticated application platform for large enterprises and mid-size companies. Many critical business environments require the highest possible SAP application availability. This white paper provides an overview of the different best-practices that can meet specific high-availability requirements for your mission-critical SAP solution.
The following best-practices have been developed together with customers, partners and consulting:
- Simple Stack High Availability with 2 SAP Systems Active/Active
- DRBD Data Replication High-Availability Active/Active
- Enqueue Replication High-Availability Active/Active
- DB2 pureScale feature on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Best practices for Running SAP NetWeaver on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server with High Availability (Simple Stack)
This guide describes in a step-by-step manner how to plan a SUSE Linux Enterprise platform for SAP Applications. You'll learn to set up a Linux high availability infrastructure for SAP solutions and perform a basic SAP NetWeaver installation on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications.
In addition this guide will help you to install the following software components:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise for SAP Applications, which includes the High Availability Extension
- MaxDB (DB2 and Oracle are also supported)
- SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 (other versions are also supported)
Best practices for running SAP NetWeaver on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server with High Availability—DRBD dual data center
This document focuses on deploying SAP in a dual-site cluster, where each site has redundant access to a SAN storage with 2 storage heads, using host-based mirroring with MD for intra-site synchronous replication and the DRBD technology to replicate asynchronously off-site.
This guide will also help you to install the following software components:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension
- MaxDB (Oracle and DB2 are supported, too)
- SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 (other versions are supported, too)
Best practices for running SAP NetWeaver on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server with High Availability—Enqueue Replication Server and sap_suse_cluster_connector Integration
The SAP Enqueue Replication Server constitutes application level redundancy for one of the most crucial components of the SAP NetWeaver stack, the enqueue service.
This guide will show you how to:
- Plan a SUSE Linux Enterprise high availability platform for SAP NetWeaver, including SAP Enqueue Replication Server
- Set up a Linux high availability platform and perform a basic SAP NetWeaver installation including SAP Enqueue Replication Server on SUSE Linux Enterprise
- Integrate the high availability cluster with the SAP control framework via sap_suse_cluster_connector, as certified by SAP
Best practices for the DB2 pureScale feature on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server—a best-of-breed solution
Today's rapidly changing business generates increasing demands for flexibility and continuous availability of business applications. This paper describes why a solution stack of IBM System x servers, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server optimized for SAP applications, the IBM DB2 pureScale Feature, and SAP applications provides an excellent response to these demands.
This IBM guide will help you to:
- Implement small, midsize and very large SAP solutions with the DB2 pureScale Feature on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Leverage the SUSE installation wizard for SAP applications
- Benefit from optimized paging support for large in-memory workloads
- Apply virtualization to SAP Netweaver Application Servers
Want to talk to someone? Call our sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
For support information, please visit Technical Support.
Live chat only available in the US and Canada.
Locate a qualified partner within your area to assist you with your business needs