- Fail-Safe Operation of SAP HANAFujitsu and SUSE describes how to improve High Availability for your SAP HANA environment.
- 7 Reasons to Choose SUSE for SAP HANA
- Automate your SAP HANA System Replication Failover
This document describes how to setup the cluster to control SAP HANA in System Replication Scenarios. Please note that it focuses only on the steps which need to be done to integrate an already installed and working SAP HANA with System Replication.
- OS Security Hardening for SAP HANA
In order to further improve the security standard specifically for SAP HANA, SUSE has developed the Operating System Security Hardening for SAP HANA guide which is dedicated to the security hardening of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 running SAP HANA databases.
- Setting up SUSE Manager for a SAP HANA Scale-Out Scenario
This document will describe how to install a SUSE Manager server and how it could be used to update your SAP HANA scale out scenario.
- Certified Data Protection for SAP HANA
The SUSE and SEP Data Protection Guide explains how you can use SEP sesam Hybrid Backup, a certified, cost-effective, scalable and reliable backup and recovery solution for SAP HANA together with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server to ensure the best protection for your data.
- Getting Started with OpenStack-based SUSE OpenStack Cloud to Run SAP Applications
This document provides a basic guide to the installation of a SUSE OpenStack Cloud environment and describes how you prepare a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications image for use in the cloud. It outlines which aspects are to be taken into account and how an SAP instance is generated in the cloud.
- Centerity and SUSE Bring Next Generation Predictive BSM IT Monitoring to SAP HANAIn order to reap the benefits of SAP HANA, a resilient and reliable IT monitoring platform is necessary to ensure that each SAP HANA instance and all its supporting facilities such as networking, storage and servers are functioning optimally while the operating system layer upon which the infrastructure relies is robust and dependable.
- Realize the Benefits of Migrating SAP Applications from UNIX to LinuxDiscover how migrating your SAP applications from Itanium/HP-UX to IBM Flex System/SUSE Linux Enterprise Server can provide tremendous opportunity for reducing energy consumption, shrinking your data center footprint and lowering operational costs.
- The Trend from UNIX to Linux in SAP Data CentersThis white paper explains what's really going on with UNIX to Linux migration from REALTECH, an international full-service consulting company that specializes in SAP technology consulting.
- Maximize Your SAP InvestmentThis flyer details more about how SUSE and SAP reduce risk, cost and complexity with the most efficient way to optimize your SAP solutions.
- IBM System x Powered by SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP ApplicationsThis technical white paper details how IBM and SUSE are collaborating to ensure that SAP users can leverage the advantages of the Intel x86 64-bit platforms for their SAP infrastructures.
- Migrating to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server from Novell for SAP on IBM eX5 Enterprise SystemsThis paper examines the economic business case an international manufacturing company recently put together to select the most appropriate server hardware and software infrastructure for its SAP Applications suite.
- Protection of Business-Critical Applications in SUSE Linux Enterprise Environments Virtualized with VMware vSphere 4 and SAP NetWeaver as an ExampleThis white paper, by CC Computersysteme und Kommunikationstechnik, presents technologies and solutions for increasing application availability for Linux systems in virtualized environments. The white paper is intended primarily for system architects and IT managers.
- SAP Solutions High Availability on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP ApplicationsSAP Business Suite is a sophisticated application platform for large enterprises and mid-size companies. Many critical business environments require the highest possible SAP application availability.
- EMC Mission-Critical Business Continuity for SAPGlobal enterprises demand always-on application and information availability to remain competitive. The EMC solution described in this white paper offers a business continuity and high-availability strategy for mission-critical applications such as SAP ERP.
- EMC Mission-Critical Business Continuity for SAP (VMAX 10k)Global enterprises demand always-on application and information availability to remain competitive. The EMC solution described in this white paper offers a business continuity and high-availability strategy for mission-critical applications such as SAP ERP.
- EMC Transforms IT for SAPThis white paper explains the benefits of migrating only SAP Application Server Instances from UNIX servers to VMware ESXI servers as a low-risk step toward cloud computing.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP ApplicationsThis flyer presents an overview of how SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications lets you consolidate all your mission-critical SAP applications on a single platform that is validated, optimized and certified for SAP software solutions.
- SUSE, SAP and partners like IBM and HP have created best practice guides covering different aspects of setting up and configuring SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications together with your mission-critical software solutions. The best practice guides are designed for a technical audience to provide more insight on how to set up high available SAP business applications based on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications. More ›
Proof of Concepts
- Virtualizing Enterprise SAP Software DeploymentsThis document outlines a proof of concept by HP, Intel, SAP, SUSE, and VMware in regards to virtualizing enterprise SAP software deployments. The information in this paper is useful for IT and data center managers looking for ways to reduce TCO for their SAP software implementations.
- Fritz Winter forges unstoppable business capabilities based on fully virtualized, flexible private cloud and SAP solutions
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server created a flexible, secure, high-performance platform for delivering hosted SAP applications
- Dimension Data relied on SUSE for cost-efficient solutions for SAP and other business management applications
- EnBW reduced operational costs by migrating its business-critical SAP applications to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- GESIS migrated from a proprietary RISC platform to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server on cost-efficient commodity x86 hardware
- Imperial Health boosts SAP application performance by 40%
- oXya increased availability for hosted SAP environments
- Turners & Growers decided to migrate its business-critical SAP applications from Windows with Oracle database to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE offered Rusan Pharma 40% lower costs compared to alternative platforms
- CIR foods invests in SAP HANA with savings from migration of systems running
SAP ERP to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications
- Calzedonia Group saved 70% on hardware acquisition costs, 90% on hardware
maintenance costs and achieved 99.99% uptime for business-critical SAP
applications when it migrated to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP
- Pakistani engineering and construction company Descon Engineering Limited wanted to maintain its leading position in the market
- Geberit relies on SAP applications for many of its business processes, including sales, materials management, and invoicing
- Evonik decided to move its SAP applications from IBM AIX to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Fabbrica Automatismi Apertura Cancelli (FAAC) wanted to find a more effective platform for its core SAP* ERP systems and migrated from its legacy IBM i platform to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUMOL+COMPAL needed to implement a uniform IT infrastructure that it could deploy with minimum disruption
- Mahindra Retail selected SUSE Linux Enterprise Server as the platform for its SAP ERP environment
- Vonpar decided to simplify administration while reducing hardware and software licensing costs
- Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim Ltd required a cost-effective platform for its new SAP ERP applications
- BasisOne created a flexible, secure, high-performance platform for delivering hosted SAP applications
- National Foods Limited chooses SUSE Linux Enterprise Server to implement SAP ERP
- Infonet Nederland B.V. significantly reduced its IT operational costs and administrative workload
- Wolters Kluwer Italia runs SAP on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server with XEN virtualization
- Orbis Oy improved flexibility and performance while significantly reducing its total cost of ownership
- The Burton Corporation required high availability of its mission-critical applications
- Café Coffee Day uses SLES Priority Support for SAP Applications to protect its ERP environment
- Baldor Electric using SUSE Linux Enterprise as streamlined, highly available platform for its mission-critical SAP applications, reducing downtime costs dramatically
- Infonet significantly reduced its IT operational costs and administrative workload
Audio, Video, Webcasts & Demos
Blogs on SCN