SUSE and SAP have worked together since 2011 to improve the scalability and high availability of SAP HANA. In fact, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is the recommended and supported OS for SAP HANA, currently running in thousands of SAP HANA installations, including SAP’s own. Utilize your business data in real time with the power of SAP HANA, the simplicity of S/4HANA and the reliability, performance and ease of deployment of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 Service Pack 1. This is the Linux platform release that is validated and supported by SAP for SAP HANA on IBM Power Systems in Little Endian mode. It is uniquely optimized to deliver an enterprise-class foundation for SAP HANA and S/4HANA and application landscapes on IBM Power Systems based on POWER8 processor technology. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 11 Service Pack 4 is available for SAP HANA installations that require Big Endian support.
- High availability with automated failover, including the SAP HANA database
- Operating system, and in-memory system security hardening
- Simplified, automated SAP HANA and S/4HANA installation
- Scalable to support large virtualized SAP HANA data sets in IBM Power Systems LPARs
- Deploy and manage a single Linux distribution for SAP NetWeaver, SAP HANA and S/4HANA in mixed environments with IBM Power Systems and x86-64 servers
- Page cache management to prioritize SAP application performance over the Linux filesystem
- 24x7 Priority support from SAP and SUSE
- SUSE Connect provides access to complementary software and services solutions for SAP landscapes from SUSE ecosystem partners
Boost Performance for Mission-Critical SAP Applications
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications is performance optimized for POWER8 processor-based systems. It supports multi-threaded operations for processing more simultaneous analytics data queries, and large memory bandwidth to move data more quickly through the system. Page cache management gives IT administrators control to prioritize SAP application performance over that of the Linux filesystem.
Reduce Downtime of Critical Operations
SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension is integrated to reduce downtime with the flexibility to configure and deploy your choice of multiple high-availability/disaster recovery scenarios for SAP landscapes. SAP HANA Systems Replication automates fail-over of the SAP HANA database, reducing recovery of time from hours to minutes for large data sets. SAP HANA systems are also protected by a built-in firewall.
Reduce Time to Deploy SAP Landscapes
With SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications you reduce the time and effort for configuring and installing SAP landscapes on IBM Power Systems. SUSE delivers the “sapconf” package to automate configuring the required prerequisites for optimal performance in PowerVM LPARs.
Learn more about SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications