SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 is a high–performance operating system on IBM POWER8.
The POWER platform is known for its ability to achieve high performance, high capacity and near-linear scaling. IBM POWER8, combined with the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server operating system, is a natural choice for high-performance computing workloads.
With SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 for POWER you get the benefits of an industry-standard Linux operating system combined with the proven performance and reliability of the IBM POWER platform. Built on the same common code base that powers both the x86-64 and z Systems platforms, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 for POWER supports your mission-critical infrastructure, middleware and cloud computing challenges.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 fully supports both IBM's Scale Out and Enterprise Power servers. It is a proven platform for open source infrastructure services like DNS, DHCP, Samba and LDAP as well as mission critical workloads such as business analytics, big data and SAP applications.
Some of the features and benefits of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server on POWER are:
- Industry standard technologies—leverage MPIO, PCI and FCoE with the unique processing capabilities of IBM POWER processors, just like IBM Watson.
- OpenFabrics Enterprise Distribution (OFED)—provides improved performance by reducing latency through wire-speed messaging to fast I/O storage systems.
- YaST: Single Linux Server Management—No Linux server is easier to deploy, configure or maintain. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for POWER ships with YaST, a powerful, integrated Linux tool for installation, configuration and system administration.
- The Linux 3.12 kernel—includes numerous features and power-management capabilities that enable you to get the maximum performance from your systems, including SMT8 to support eight threads per core. Updates to the POWER8 toolchain allow you to monitor and tune the performance for your workload.
- Download our 2 page flyer to learn more.