New SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 11 Service Pack 3 delivers improved performance, reliability and securityNuremberg, Germany
October 22, 2013
SUSE today announced the availability of the newest SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP® Applications, based on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Service Pack 3. It offers the advantages of the newest SUSE Linux Enterprise, providing customers more scale-up and scale-out options to run workloads in mission-critical SAP software environments. As a result, customers can experience improved performance, increased reliability and enhanced security.
“Hundreds of customers worldwide, such as CIR Food and the Calzedonia Group, are more competitive by deploying SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications,” said Michael Miller, vice president of global alliances and marketing for SUSE. “With support for the latest industry-standard hardware, RAS features and other enhancements, this updated version of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 gives organizations more scale-up and scale-out options than ever before to run their SAP mission-critical workloads on Linux.”
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 3 enhancements include:
- Support for the SAP software provisioning manager for easier and more-reliable software provisioning, saving time and resources.
- Support for the SAP Business One application version for the SAP HANA® platform, providing simple steps to a tailored appliance with less time spent on installation, setup and configuration, ensuring a ready-to-connect delivery.
- Support for the latest high-performance, industry-standard Intel processors (Intel Xeon processor E5 Family and the 4th-generation Intel Core processor) and AMD Opteron 4000 and 6000 Series Platforms.
- Better scale-out options with storage, file system and networking enhancements.
- Enhanced clustering capabilities such as faster IP load balancing or connection tracking to meet the most stringent service-level agreement.
Today's announcement was made at the SAP TechEd Las Vegas conference, being held Oct. 21-25, where SUSE is exhibiting in booth 155. For additional information on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications, visit www.suse.com/products/sles-for-sap/.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux and cloud infrastructure solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed – today and tomorrow. For more information, visit www.suse.com.
Copyright 2013 SUSE LLC. All rights reserved. SUSE and the SUSE logo are registered trademarks of SUSE LLC in the United States and other countries. All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SAP, SAP HANA, and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.