Unable to login "Error in service module"
This document (7008866) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 1
Trying to login will show the following error: "Error in service module"
Runlevel 3 login works fine
- Reboot server in runlevel 3
- Downgrade pam-modules with the following command: "zypper in pam-modules-11-1.6.15"
- Select option 1 to downgrade pam-modules
- Switch to runlevel 5
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7008866
- Creation Date: 21-Jun-2011
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com