Linux Filesystem Hierarchy
This document (7004448) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Linux Standard Base (LSB)
- How are files organised in the Linux filesystem?
- Where are, or where can I find, files
- What do the various directories contain?
- In which directories should files be stored?
- What do all these directories mean?
- / (The Root Directory)
or The Linux Documentation Project:
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7004448
- Creation Date: 16-Sep-2009
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Service
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com