Software will define vehicles of the future
With new entrants and enlivened incumbents, competition is fierce as automakers tackle the reality of CASE - Connected, Autonomous, Shared and Electric driving. Disruption is transforming the automotive industry and the next five years will bring a reengineering of the competitor landscape. However, it’s the next 12 months that will be a defining period as focus hardens particularly around electrification, software integration, and digitization of customer journeys.
We’ll see the biggest impacts in
- Digitized supply chains and manufacturing - software-enabled production is essential as the sector confronts its lack of agility and the new flexibility needed to transform rapidly.
- Transferring content to and from vehicles – multiple opportunities exist – everything from servicing and aftersales to data sharing - as OEMs explore software over-the-air (SOTA) and firmware over-the-air (FOTA) updates.
- Building a culture of innovation - collaboration with technology providers will be essential for automotive businesses looking to add expertise, agility and resilience to power growth.
- Embracing cloud technology – success will be based on the deployment of open, reliable, and flexible app platforms to the vehicle Edge for monetization using cloud-based products.
- Adoption of connected platform hardware – avoidance of vendor lock-in and the need for open network governance required for use of multi-cloud, on-premises, and Edge use cases.
Become an Innovation Hero
SUSE’s business-critical Linux solutions accelerate innovation and enable our customers to respond to markets demands faster. We support the widest range of architectures, virtualization, container runtime, storage, and network options.
Enterprise Container Management
Kubernetes maximizes development agility and accelerate digital transformation. Rancher unifies all your clusters to ensure consistent operations, workload management, and enterprise-grade security – from core to cloud to edge.
SUSE Linux Enterprise for SAP Applications is the premiere Linux platform for SAP HANA, SAP NetWeaver and SAP S/4HANA solutions in manufacturing. We reduce the risk of service outages, and let you deploy SAP services faster on-premises and in the cloud.
SUSE is the leader in intelligent edge computing solutions based on lightweight Linux, Kubernetes, and storage products for x86 or Arm hardware. We deliver consistency, performance, reliability, security – all of which are vital for manufacturing edge use cases.
Elektrobit software powers over 1bn connected devices in more than 100m vehicles.
- The flexibility to make hardware choices at the eleventh hour.
- The agility to develop highly versatile zonal ECUs with maximum compute and storage power.
- Reduced risk and increase in speed by developing ADAS stack independently from the hardware.
See the difference with SUSE
products & solutions
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
The industry’s most secure, modular Linux operating system that paves the way for IT transformation in the software-defined era.
Addresses the needs of DevOps teams deploying applications with Kubernetes and IT staffs delivering enterprise-critical services.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro
Leverages the enterprise-hardened technology components of SUSE Linux Enterprise and merges that with what developers want from a modern, immutable OS platform.
A best-in-class open source infrastructure management solution for heterogeneous Linux environments.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or SAP Applications
The leading Linux platform for SAP HANA, SAP NetWeaver and SAP S/4HANA solutions and is endorsed by SAP.
The industry’s only 100% open source, Zero-Trust container security platform.