(THE "SWEEPSTAKES") OFFICIAL RULES
This Sweepstakes is intended for viewing and participation of attendees to Microsoft Open Azure Day 2020 and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the 50 United States and Washington D.C. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Starts November 18, 2020 at 10:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends November 19, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM PT (the "Sweepstakes Period") and consists of twelve (2) separate entry pools and corresponding prizes as set forth in Rule #3.
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win a prize, you must be an attendee at Open Azure Day (excludes residents of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law), and you must have a valid email address. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) any person who, at any time on or after November 18, 2020, was or is a director, officer, agent, representative, or employee of SUSE LLC (“Sponsor”) or its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, or service agencies, who are directly involved in the planning or execution of the Sweepstakes; (b) any other individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Sweepstakes or engaged in the administration or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, with the entities listed in 2(a), the “Sweepstakes Entities”); and (c) persons who are or purport to be immediate family members (defined as biological or step-mother/ father, sister, brother, daughter, son, dependent or spouse of any of the foregoing) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, or who reside in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Visit https://events1.social27.com/microsoft-open-azure-day/page/pre-signup?ocid=AID3023914_QSG_481328 and follow the links and instructions to enter your information to be considered for the drawing. Entering your infomations is free of charge. To redeem prize from the Sweepstakes, you must provide your true first and last name, mailing address, working phone number, and email address, as well as read and agree to these Official Rules. All online entries must be received by November 19, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM PT. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to use multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of disqualification, any prize that entrant might have been otherwise entitled to will not be awarded. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the registered email address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. If you do not have Internet access via a personal computer, your local library or Internet café may be able to provide access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
- RANDOM SWEEPSTAKES DRAWS: At approximately 11:59 PM PT on November 19, 2020, a SUSE judge (the “Sweepstakes Judge”) will randomly draw one (1) entry for each of the prizes available in the Sweepstakes (See Rule #6 for details) (each “Potential Winner” and, if verified, “Winner”) from among all eligible entries received for the applicable Sweepstakes, for a total of two (2) draws. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Potential Winner will be subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- THE FOLLOWING PRIZES WILL BE AVAILABLE:
* A newer model may be substituted, when available, in Sponsor’s sole discretion
- Sweepstakes #1: (One (1) Prize available): One (1) mini-drone*. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prize: USD $100.00
- Sweepstakes #2 (One (1) Prize available per Month): One (1) mini-drone*. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prize: USD $100.00
- Total ARV of all Sweepstakes Prizes: USD $200.
Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of a prize will not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, or redeemable for cash, and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the Winner’s responsibility, regardless of whether a prize is used in whole or in part. All prize details are at the Sponsor's sole discretion.
- HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE: Potential Winners will be contacted by phone, email and/or mail at the address, email, or telephone number provided with the entry, with instructions on how to claim the prize. If a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or Sponsor is unable to contact a Potential Winner within five (5) business days, or in the event that a prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, prize may be awarded to an alternate Potential Winner. Any prize won by an entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian of such minor who must sign and return all required documentation outlined herein and otherwise comply with all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. Potential Winners (or parent/legal guardian where applicable) may be required to furnish proof of identification.
Allow 4 - 6 weeks for verification and shipment of your prize. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason outside of their control. Prizes will only be delivered to verified Winners. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants.
By accepting a prize, each Winner (or Winner's parent/legal guardian if Winner is a minor) agrees and consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and state of residence), voice, and statements relating to the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including the internet, without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
- By entering, entrants (or as applicable, their parents or legal guardians if minors) (i) acknowledge and represent that they are in full compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Judges, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification and all associated entries will be void.
- The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible, or incomplete submissions of requests/entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. All entries become the property of Sponsor and in no case shall be returned to sender.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant's registration in the Sweepstakes (and void all associated entries) or entitlement to a prize if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering, cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any entries or points generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or any other means which subvert the entry process).
- As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Sweepstakes, the redemption of points, or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize or any travel or activity related thereto; (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event will entrants be entitled to receive attorneys' fees and court costs.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A., without regard to Washington or any other conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts for Redmond, Washington.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify and/or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes (such as force majeure events) impairs the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to randomly select the Winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to time of such cancellation. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in these Official Rules.
- The Sweepstakes Entities do not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to: (a) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; or (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or (c) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of points or entries, or the offering or announcement of any prize or in any winner notification documents; or (d) for any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (f) damage to a user's system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for lost, late, delayed, garbled, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, illegible, damaged or undelivered mail, email, or entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery.
- Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys' fees) from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void) and will forfeit any prize won. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Sponsor's employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.
- This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws.
- This Sweepstakes is solely sponsored by SUSE LLC.