SUSE Manager Proxy disappeared from SUSE Manager
This document (000020281) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Manager 4.1 Proxy
- remove them from SUSE Manager and bootstrap them again (which would mean loosing all its event history, formula configurations, group assignments etc.)
- Re-activate them using re-activation key
- identifies which clients are supposed to be register via the affected proxy (based on proxy FQDN)
- creates re-activation key for all affected clients
- adds the re-activation key into "/etc/salt/minion.d/susemanager.conf"
- restarts salt-minion service on affected clients
1. Run the following command on SUSE Manager:
salt client_name grains.item master (on SUSE Manager)
3. run the salt command from 1. again, it will hang
4. As soon the salt-broker on the SUSE Manager Proxy is restarted (systemctl start salt-broker), a reply from salt was received immediately.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020281
- Creation Date: 11-Jun-2021
- Modified Date:16-Jun-2021
- SUSE Manager Server
- SUSE Manager
- SUSE Manager Proxy
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com