Security update for wpa_supplicantSUSE Security Update: Security update for wpa_supplicant
|References:||#1131644 #1131868 #1131870 #1131871 #1131872 #1131874 #1133640 #1144443 #1150934 #1156920 #1165266 #1166933 #1167331|
|Cross-References:||CVE-2015-8041 CVE-2017-13077 CVE-2017-13078 CVE-2017-13079 CVE-2017-13080 CVE-2017-13081 CVE-2017-13082 CVE-2017-13086 CVE-2017-13087 CVE-2017-13088 CVE-2018-14526 CVE-2019-11555 CVE-2019-13377 CVE-2019-16275 CVE-2019-9494 CVE-2019-9495 CVE-2019-9497 CVE-2019-9498 CVE-2019-9499|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that fixes 19 vulnerabilities, contains one feature is now available.
This update for wpa_supplicant fixes the following issues:
wpa_supplicant was updated to 2.9 release:
* SAE changes - disable use of groups using Brainpool curves - improved protection against side channel attacks [https://w1.fi/security/2019-6/] * EAP-pwd changes - disable use of groups using Brainpool curves - allow the set of groups to be configured (eap_pwd_groups) - improved protection against side channel attacks [https://w1.fi/security/2019-6/] * fixed FT-EAP initial mobility domain association using PMKSA caching (disabled by default for backwards compatibility; can be enabled with ft_eap_pmksa_caching=1) * fixed a regression in OpenSSL 1.1+ engine loading * added validation of RSNE in (Re)Association Response frames * fixed DPP bootstrapping URI parser of channel list * extended EAP-SIM/AKA fast re-authentication to allow use with FILS * extended ca_cert_blob to support PEM format * improved robustness of P2P Action frame scheduling * added support for EAP-SIM/AKA using anonymous@realm identity * fixed Hotspot 2.0 credential selection based on roaming consortium to ignore credentials without a specific EAP method * added experimental support for EAP-TEAP peer (RFC 7170) * added experimental support for EAP-TLS peer with TLS v1.3 * fixed a regression in WMM parameter configuration for a TDLS peer * fixed a regression in operation with drivers that offload 802.1X 4-way handshake * fixed an ECDH operation corner case with OpenSSL * SAE changes - added support for SAE Password Identifier - changed default configuration to enable only groups 19, 20, 21 (i.e., disable groups 25 and 26) and disable all unsuitable groups completely based on REVmd changes - do not regenerate PWE unnecessarily when the AP uses the anti-clogging token mechanisms - fixed some association cases where both SAE and FT-SAE were enabled on both the station and the selected AP - started to prefer FT-SAE over SAE AKM if both are enabled - started to prefer FT-SAE over FT-PSK if both are enabled - fixed FT-SAE when SAE PMKSA caching is used - reject use of unsuitable groups based on new implementation guidance in REVmd (allow only FFC groups with prime >= 3072 bits and ECC groups with prime >= 256) - minimize timing and memory use differences in PWE derivation [https://w1.fi/security/2019-1/] (CVE-2019-9494, bsc#1131868) * EAP-pwd changes - minimize timing and memory use differences in PWE derivation [https://w1.fi/security/2019-2/] (CVE-2019-9495, bsc#1131870) - verify server scalar/element [https://w1.fi/security/2019-4/] (CVE-2019-9497, CVE-2019-9498, CVE-2019-9499, bsc#1131874, bsc#1131872, bsc#1131871, bsc#1131644) - fix message reassembly issue with unexpected fragment [https://w1.fi/security/2019-5/] (CVE-2019-11555, bsc#1133640) - enforce rand,mask generation rules more strictly - fix a memory leak in PWE derivation - disallow ECC groups with a prime under 256 bits (groups 25, 26, and 27) - SAE/EAP-pwd side-channel attack update [https://w1.fi/security/2019-6/] (CVE-2019-13377, bsc#1144443) * fixed CONFIG_IEEE80211R=y (FT) build without CONFIG_FILS=y * Hotspot 2.0 changes - do not indicate release number that is higher than the one AP supports - added support for release number 3 - enable PMF automatically for network profiles created from credentials * fixed OWE network profile saving * fixed DPP network profile saving * added support for RSN operating channel validation (CONFIG_OCV=y and network profile parameter ocv=1) * added Multi-AP backhaul STA support * fixed build with LibreSSL * number of MKA/MACsec fixes and extensions * extended domain_match and domain_suffix_match to allow list of values * fixed dNSName matching in domain_match and domain_suffix_match when using wolfSSL * started to prefer FT-EAP-SHA384 over WPA-EAP-SUITE-B-192 AKM if both are enabled * extended nl80211 Connect and external authentication to support SAE, FT-SAE, FT-EAP-SHA384 * fixed KEK2 derivation for FILS+FT * extended client_cert file to allow loading of a chain of PEM encoded certificates * extended beacon reporting functionality * extended D-Bus interface with number of new properties * fixed a regression in FT-over-DS with mac80211-based drivers * OpenSSL: allow systemwide policies to be overridden * extended driver flags indication for separate 802.1X and PSK 4-way handshake offload capability * added support for random P2P Device/Interface Address use * extended PEAP to derive EMSK to enable use with ERP/FILS * extended WPS to allow SAE configuration to be added automatically for PSK (wps_cred_add_sae=1) * removed support for the old D-Bus interface (CONFIG_CTRL_IFACE_DBUS) * extended domain_match and domain_suffix_match to allow list of values * added a RSN workaround for misbehaving PMF APs that advertise IGTK/BIP KeyID using incorrect byte order * fixed PTK rekeying with FILS and FT * fixed WPA packet number reuse with replayed messages and key reinstallation [https://w1.fi/security/2017-1/] (CVE-2017-13077, CVE-2017-13078, CVE-2017-13079, CVE-2017-13080, CVE-2017-13081, CVE-2017-13082, CVE-2017-13086, CVE-2017-13087, CVE-2017-13088) * fixed unauthenticated EAPOL-Key decryption in wpa_supplicant [https://w1.fi/security/2018-1/] (CVE-2018-14526) * added support for FILS (IEEE 802.11ai) shared key authentication * added support for OWE (Opportunistic Wireless Encryption, RFC 8110; and transition mode defined by WFA) * added support for DPP (Wi-Fi Device Provisioning Protocol) * added support for RSA 3k key case with Suite B 192-bit level * fixed Suite B PMKSA caching not to update PMKID during each 4-way handshake * fixed EAP-pwd pre-processing with PasswordHashHash * added EAP-pwd client support for salted passwords * fixed a regression in TDLS prohibited bit validation * started to use estimated throughput to avoid undesired signal strength based roaming decision * MACsec/MKA:
- new macsec_linux driver interface support for the Linux kernel macsec module - number of fixes and extensions * added support for external persistent storage of PMKSA cache (PMKSA_GET/PMKSA_ADD control interface commands; and MESH_PMKSA_GET/MESH_PMKSA_SET for the mesh case) * fixed mesh channel configuration pri/sec switch case * added support for beacon report * large number of other fixes, cleanup, and extensions * added support for randomizing local address for GAS queries (gas_rand_mac_addr parameter) * fixed EAP-SIM/AKA/AKA' ext auth cases within TLS tunnel * added option for using random WPS UUID (auto_uuid=1) * added SHA256-hash support for OCSP certificate matching * fixed EAP-AKA' to add AT_KDF into Synchronization-Failure * fixed a regression in RSN pre-authentication candidate selection * added option to configure allowed group management cipher suites (group_mgmt network profile parameter) * removed all PeerKey functionality * fixed nl80211 AP and mesh mode configuration regression with Linux 4.15 and newer * added ap_isolate configuration option for AP mode * added support for nl80211 to offload 4-way handshake into the driver * added support for using wolfSSL cryptographic library * SAE - added support for configuring SAE password separately of the WPA2 PSK/passphrase - fixed PTK and EAPOL-Key integrity and key-wrap algorithm selection for SAE; note: this is not backwards compatible, i.e., both the AP and station side implementations will need to be update at the same time to maintain interoperability - added support for Password Identifier - fixed FT-SAE PMKID matching * Hotspot 2.0 - added support for fetching of Operator Icon Metadata ANQP-element - added support for Roaming Consortium Selection element - added support for Terms and Conditions - added support for OSEN connection in a shared RSN BSS - added support for fetching Venue URL information * added support for using OpenSSL 1.1.1 * FT - disabled PMKSA caching with FT since it is not fully functional - added support for SHA384 based AKM - added support for BIP ciphers BIP-CMAC-256, BIP-GMAC-128, BIP-GMAC-256 in addition to previously supported BIP-CMAC-128 - fixed additional IE inclusion in Reassociation Request frame when using FT protocol
- Limit P2P_DEVICE name to appropriate ifname size.
- Enable SAE support(jsc#SLE-14992).
- CVE-2019-16275: AP mode PMF disconnection protection bypass (bsc#1150934)
- Fix wicked wlan (bsc#1156920)
- Still include fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant.service (bsc#1167331)
- Change wpa_supplicant.service to ensure wpa_supplicant gets started before network. Fix WLAN config on boot with wicked. (bsc#1166933)
- Adjust the service to start after network.target wrt bsc#1165266
- Using O_WRONLY flag [http://w1.fi/security/2015-5/] (CVE-2015-8041)
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP5:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP5-2020-3424=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP5 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):