Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 0 for SLE 12 SP5)
|References:||#1103203 #1149841 #1151021 #1153108 #1153161 #1157770 #1160467 #1160468|
|Cross-References:||CVE-2019-10220 CVE-2019-14835 CVE-2019-14896 CVE-2019-14897 CVE-2019-17133|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that solves 5 vulnerabilities and has three fixes is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 4.12.14-120 fixes several issues.
The following security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2019-14896: A heap-based buffer overflow vulnerability was found in the Marvell WiFi chip driver. A remote attacker could cause a denial of service (system crash) or, possibly execute arbitrary code, when the lbs_ibss_join_existing function is called after a STA connects to an AP (bsc#1157157).
- CVE-2019-14897: A stack-based buffer overflow was found in the Marvell WiFi chip driver. An attacker was able to cause a denial of service (system crash) or, possibly execute arbitrary code, when a STA works in IBSS mode (allows connecting stations together without the use of an AP) and connects to another STA (bsc#1157155).
- CVE-2019-10220: The CIFS implementation was vulnerable to a relative paths injection in directory entry lists (bsc#1144903).
- CVE-2019-17133: Fixed a Buffer Overflow in cfg80211_mgd_wext_giwessid() in net/wireless/wext-sme.c, because the function did not reject a long SSID IE (bsc#1153158).
- CVE-2019-14835: A buffer overflow flaw was fixed in the vhost functionality that translates virtqueue buffers to IOVs, logged the buffer descriptors during migration. A privileged guest user able to pass descriptors with invalid length to the host when migration is underway, could use this flaw to increase their privileges on the host (bsc#1150112).
- xen/pv: Fixed a boot up hang where domain_crash_sync was called from entry.S (bsc#1153811).
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12-SP5:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Live-Patching-12-SP5-2020-183=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12-SP5 (ppc64le x86_64):