Security update for kvm
|References:||#1106222 #1110910 #1111006 #1111010 #1111013 #1112185 #1114422|
|Cross-References:||CVE-2018-10839 CVE-2018-15746 CVE-2018-17958 CVE-2018-17962 CVE-2018-17963 CVE-2018-18438 CVE-2018-18849|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that fixes 7 vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for kvm fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed:
- CVE-2018-10839: Fixed NE2000 NIC emulation support that is vulnerable to an integer overflow, which could lead to buffer overflow issue. It could occur when receiving packets over the network. A user inside guest could use this flaw to crash the Qemu process resulting in DoS (bsc#1110910).
- CVE-2018-15746: Fixed qemu-seccomp.c that might allow local OS guest users to cause a denial of service (guest crash) by leveraging mishandling of the seccomp policy for threads other than the main thread (bsc#1106222).
- CVE-2018-17958: Fixed a Buffer Overflow in rtl8139_do_receive in hw/net/rtl8139.c because an incorrect integer data type is used (bsc#1111006).
- CVE-2018-17962: Fixed a Buffer Overflow in pcnet_receive in hw/net/pcnet.c because an incorrect integer data type is used (bsc#1111010).
- CVE-2018-17963: Fixed qemu_deliver_packet_iov in net/net.c that accepts packet sizes greater than INT_MAX, which allows attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact. (bsc#1111013)
- CVE-2018-18849: Fixed an out of bounds memory access issue that was found in the LSI53C895A SCSI Host Bus Adapter emulation while writing a message in lsi_do_msgin. It could occur during migration if the 'msg_len' field has an invalid value. A user/process could use this flaw to crash the Qemu process resulting in DoS (bsc#1114422).
- CVE-2018-18438: Fixed integer overflows because IOReadHandler and its associated functions use a signed integer data type for a size value (bnc#1112185).
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4:
zypper in -t patch slessp4-kvm-13891=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4 (i586 s390x x86_64):