Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 41 for SLE 12 SP3)SUSE Security Update: Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 41 for SLE 12 SP3)
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that fixes two vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 4.4.180-94_150 fixes several issues.
The following security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2021-0935: In ip6_xmit of ip6_output.c, there is a possible out of bounds write due to a use after free. This could lead to local escalation of privilege with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation. (bsc#1192032)
- CVE-2021-28688: The fix for XSA-365 includes initialization of pointers such that subsequent cleanup code wouldn't use uninitialized or stale values. This initialization went too far and may under certain conditions also overwrite pointers which are in need of cleaning up. The lack of cleanup would result in leaking persistent grants. The leak in turn would prevent fully cleaning up after a respective guest has died, leaving around zombie domains. (bsc#1183646)
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP3:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP3-2021-4052=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP3-2021-4052=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP3 (ppc64le x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3-LTSS (ppc64le x86_64):