Security update for Linux Kernel Live Patch 13 for SLE 12
|References:||#1030467 #1030575 #1031660|
An update that solves one vulnerability and has two fixes is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 3.12.55-52_45 fixes several issues.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2017-7308: The packet_set_ring function in net/packet/af_packet.c in
the Linux kernel did not properly validate certain block-size data,
which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (overflow) or
possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted system calls
- bsc#1030467: Updated Dirty COW fix. The former patch caused some apps to
freeze in rare circumstances
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-2017-782=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2017-782=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12 (x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS (x86_64):