[Rancher] What does Rancher support for Docker on Oracle Linux cover?
This document (000020490) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Only upstream Docker has been validated and certified for Rancher Support.
- Support for Oracle Linux is available only from Rancher v2.3.2.
- Some restrictive firewall rules will need to be turned off for a supported baseline configuration of Oracle Linux.
Refer this docs page for more details.
Rancher support in this scenario will start with issue troubleshooting and RCA (root cause analysis). Where the root cause has been identified as an issue with Docker on Oracle Linux, Rancher will do one of the following, to help Customer resolve the issue:
- Should the issue have been resolved in a later version of Docker, Rancher will recommend Customer to upgrade to this version, along with the necessary upgrades to versions of Oracle Linux and Rancher that has been certified for this later version of Docker.
- If no fix is available yet for the issue, however the situation is critical that an urgent solution is needed, Rancher shall fork Docker with a fix, as possible. Further, Rancher will submit a PR for the fix to Docker for consideration to be accepted into upstream. However, there is no guarantee that the PR will be accepted and merged into upstream Docker.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020490
- Creation Date: 11-Nov-2021
- Modified Date:11-Nov-2021
- SUSE Rancher
- SUSE Rancher Longhorn
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com