SLE12 SP3 Installation on large POWER8 and POWER9 Systems may fail with a call trace
This document (7021181) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
_cpu_up: attempt to bring up CPU nnnn failed
------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: at ../mm/vmalloc.c:2423
- Set the LPAR profile to a smaller configuration than 96 cores and 8TB memory
- Install SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3.
- Upgrade the system to the latest kernel level available through the regular SUSE update channels.
- Set the LPAR profile back to the actual configuration.
- Reboot the System into the updated configuration.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7021181
- Creation Date: 04-Aug-2017
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com