Reading /proc/<pid>/maps and /proc/<pid>/numa_maps takes long
This document (7019001) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 Service Pack 1
Applications accessing these files of processes with many threads can show a wide variety of misbehavior (crashes, freezing, high resource consumption, etc.).
- Update the Linux kernel at least to 3.12.61-52.72.1
- Update the Linux kernel at least to 3.12.74-18.104.22.168
The code creating one stack entry per thread has been removed
- revert "procfs: mark thread stack correctly in proc/PID/maps" (bnc#1030901).
time cat /proc/853/maps > /dev/nullMore details about the problem can be found here: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=65376df582174ffcec9e6471bf5b0dd79ba05e4a.
grep stack: /proc/853/maps | wc -l
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7019001
- Creation Date: 17-May-2017
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org