grub hangs at stage 1.5 after online update to SP2 with root on XFS
This document (7001652) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
How to get the system back online
To get the system back online proceed as followed:
1. Boot from DVD
2. Select installation
3. For each module that needs to be loaded pass an insmod= option to the options line. If tg3 is necessary for network access, enter insmod=tg3
4. Press enter
5. Follow the installation.
6. At 'Installation Mode' screen select 'Other Options' and then 'Boot Installed System'
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7001652
- Creation Date: 14-Oct-2008
- Modified Date:24-Feb-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com