HOWTO: Add a new disk or LUN to a XEN virtual machine
This document (7001361) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 1
- Make the disk / LUN visible to the XEN host (dom0)
- Identify how the host views the new device
- Use fdisk -l
- Use multipath -l (if a multipath device)
- Add the new disk device to the virtual machine using virt-manager as per documentation for the version of XEN you are running.
- When adding the disk, browse to either the /dev/disk/by-id path to the device or, for a multipath device, the /dev/disk/by-name path.
TID 000016223 Enabling shared/clustered disks within DomU's
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7001361
- Creation Date: 15-Sep-2008
- Modified Date:16-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com