SUSE Hosts 'Linux Days 2012' Seminar Series
SUSE experts to showcase latest enterprise-ready open source technologies, including preview of SUSE’s OpenStack-powered cloud solution
May 31, 2012
SUSE today announced it is currently hosting a series of one-day technology seminars throughout North America to help IT decisions makers better understand how to maximize data center performance. Included will be a preview of SUSE's soon-to-be-available OpenStack™-powered cloud infrastructure solution. Customers and partners will see how easy it is to build, deploy and manage both private and public cloud infrastructure and improve business agility while also reducing risk.
Linux Days 2012 includes demonstrations from SUSE technology experts. Attendees will learn how to:
- Increase application performance by exploiting the latest industry standard hardware. SUSE’s forward-looking development model accelerates the introduction of upstream innovations into SUSE's enterprise Linux distribution, maximizing hardware support while preserving application compatibility.
- Improve virtual machine guest operating system performance with both new and updated paravirtualized drivers for XEN, KVM, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
- Reduce administrative complexity and simplify Linux server management for both SUSE Linux Enterprise and Red Hat Enterprise Linux across major hardware architectures, virtual platforms and cloud environments.
- Build portable application stacks then deploy and maintain them in physical, virtual and cloud environments, such as Amazon EC2 in one click using tools like SUSE Studio™.
- Plan a future-proof shift to the cloud by leveraging SUSE’s open source and open standards-based approach to cloud computing. Attendees can also enroll in the SUSE Cloud beta program.
"Commercializing open source software for 20 years has taught us that not all open source is equal," said Michael Miller, vice president of global alliances and marketing, SUSE. "Throughout Linux Days 2012, we will show our customers the latest in Linux development, but more importantly, help them decide what makes the most sense for them to use in order to deliver their mission-critical services more reliably, affordably and efficiently."
Registration for Linux Days 2012 is now open in the following cities:
- Boston registration
- Chicago registration
- Dallas registration
- Denver registration
- Detroit registration
- Minneapolis registration
- New York registration
- Philadelphia registration
- San Francisco registration
- Salt Lake City registration
- Washington DC registration
For more information please visit this website.
SUSE is a leading provider of enterprise Linux solutions that increase agility, reduce cost and manage complexity in dynamic environments. With a portfolio centered on SUSE Linux Enterprise, the most interoperable platform for mission-critical computing, SUSE enables organizations to confidently deliver computing services across physical, virtual and cloud environments. With our award-winning products and ecosystem of partnerships, SUSE solutions empower thousands of organizations around the world. For more information, visit us at www.suse.com.
Copyright © 2012 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved. SUSE is a registered trademark and SUSE Studio is a trademark of Novell Inc. in the United States and other countries. The OpenStack™ Word Mark is either a registered trademark/service mark or trademark/service mark of OpenStack, LLC, in the United States and other countries and are used with OpenStack LLC's permission.
Telephone: +1 801-861-2931
More Press Resources
Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
For support information, please visit Technical Support.