Novell Highlights Enterprise Infrastructure, Identity-Driven Solutions at BrainShare Europe 2004
Novell today unveiled new products, partnerships and programs for open source and identity-driven solutions to thousands of customers and partners at its annual BrainShare Europe conference.
BARCELONA, Spain (BrainShare® Europe 2004)
September 13, 2004
Novell today unveiled new products, partnerships and programs for open source and identity-driven solutions to thousands of customers and partners at its annual BrainShare Europe conference. Reflecting strong market interest in Novell's offerings, this year's BrainShare Europe is the largest in the history of the event. BrainShare Europe marks another step forward in Novell's support for the open source movement, with initiatives to expand the Linux ecosystem, further remove barriers to Linux adoption in the enterprise, and deliver tools to manage and secure Linux environments.
Novell is also using BrainShare Europe to showcase identity-driven solutions, a powerful combination of technologies around identity and services-oriented architectures that will transform the way identities function in an organization. Novell's identity-driven solutions are designed to adapt to the way a business functions, helping secure and manage not just users, but devices, servers, desktops, data and applications.
"BrainShare Europe reflects a coming together of Novell's two strongest competencies, platforms and identity," said Jack Messman, chairman and CEO of Novell. "Novell is the leader in Linux and identity. We will continue to expand our leadership in both of these categories. And we will use that position to offer organizations more choices, more flexibility and more business value than ever before."
Novell will be delivering hundreds of technical and business sessions, keynotes and demonstrations in support of its open source and identity-driven strategy at BrainShare Europe. Reflecting strong partner support, top-tier sponsors of the event include HP, IBM, Oracle, Teamware and Gwava, with an additional 26 partners, including Dell and Fujistu Siemens, sponsoring at other levels. News announcements at the show (see separate press releases for more details) include:
- The upcoming public beta availability of Novell® Open Enterprise Server, which includes Novell's NetWare® and SUSE® LINUX Enterprise Server 9 operating systems, as well as integrated management tools, identity-based services and an entire ecosystem of support backed by Novell to meet enterprise-class computing needs.
- The establishment of Novell's Porting and Migration Network, in partnership with top-tier ISV and IHVs, including HP, IBM, Intel, Oracle and Scali. This initiative is designed to make it easy for partners and customers to move their applications to Linux, and includes founding a Novell Porting and Migration Center in Germany that will provide a flexible testing environment for application developers to tap as they port their services to Linux.
- New Linux-focused partnerships for the European, Middle Eastern and African markets with leading software and hardware vendors, including Bull, IBM, Intershop, Scali, Software AG and Tarantella.
- New initiatives to help governments at all levels leverage Novell's identity-driven and open source solutions. Identity-driven solutions, delivered on an open source platform, can go far to meet the special security, scalability and cost requirements governments face. New offerings from Novell Government Solutions include a policy-based Citizen Portal and Linux migration strategies, tools and services.
- ZENworks® 6.6 Linux Management. This upgrade, now fully integrated with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, provides precise control over the scheduling of Linux software updates, plus automated and intelligent Linux package dependency analysis and conflict resolution. Together with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, ZENworks Linux Management delivers the most powerful, secure and manageable Linux operating system on the market.
- Two new directory products that eliminate many of the challenges associated with implementing directory services and identity management both for single applications and at the massive enterprise or Internet level. Novell Virtual Directory Services allows developers to include a local identity store that integrates with existing corporate directories as part of their applications. Novell eDirectoryTM 8.8, soon in open beta, includes enhancements to many of the capabilities required for large-scale, high-end deployments involving millions of identities.
- Enhanced capabilities for Nsure Identity Manager 2 that reduce the complexity of identity management through visual development tools and ready-to-use applications. These include advanced provisioning features for approval workflow and tools that simplify the deployment and configuration of Nsure Identity Manager 2.
For additional information on Novell BrainShare Europe, please visit http://www.novell.com/brainshare/europe/.
Novell, Inc. is a leading provider of information solutions that deliver secure identity management (Novell® Nsure™), Web application development (Novell exteNd™) and cross-platform networking services (Novell Nterprise™), all supported by strategic consulting and professional services (Novell NgageSM). Active in the open source community with its Ximian and SUSE Linux brands, Novell is firmly committed to open source and offers comprehensive Linux products and services for the enterprise, from the desktop to the server. Novell's vision of one Net - a world without information boundaries - helps customers realize the value of their information securely and economically. For more information, call Novell's Customer Response Center at (888) 321-4CRC (4272) or visit http://www.novell.com. Press should visit http://www.novell.com/pressroom.
Novell is a registered trademarks; Nsure, exteNd and Nteprise are trademarks; and Ngage is a service mark of Novell, Inc. in the United States and other countries. SUSE is a registered trademark of SUSE Linux AG. * All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Telephone: +1 801-861-2931
More Press Resources
Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
For support information, please visit Technical Support.