Cannot install HP’s Web Jetadmin on SLES 10.
- Install SLES 10, I installed mine in a virtual environment so I only used the following Package Categories, “Server Base System”, “Novell AppArmor”, “Mesa” and “xorg-x11-libs”, though I will be running the system in command line only mode.
- Download the Jetadmin software from HP’s website, at the time of this writing the latest was wja81-3544-su.selfx, I put the software in /tmp directory.
- Setup the library links
- Login on the command line as root
- Enter “ln -s /usr/lib/libdb-4.3.so /usr/lib/libdb-4.0.so”
- Enter “ln -s /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3 /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2″
- Enter “ln -s /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1.5.0 /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0″
- cd to the /tmp directory.
- I had to “chmod 774 wja81-3544-su.selfx”
- I then extracted the files using “/tmp/wja81-3544-su.selfx -e /tmp/wja81″
- Then execute “/tmp/wja81/setup -t” this will launch the text only install.
- After following the install prompts execute “/etc/init.d/hpwebjetd restart”.
- Launch YaST by typing yast2 on the command line:
- Select “Security and Users”, then “Firewall”
- Select “Allowed Services”
- Open the TCP and UDP ports 8000 and 8443 under Advanced.
- Launch your browser and point to http://host:8000 ( http://host:8000/ )
Note: I had to use Firefox Portable from http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable because Firefox 2 was having fits with HP’s Web Jetadmin’s security settings.
HP Web Jetadmin 8.1