The cupsInfo script gathers CUPS-related information to help in troubleshooting CUPS issues. The following information is obtained in the script execution process:
- 1. Rights and permissions on each file installed by cups
- 2. Rights on specific directories.
- 3. Content of specific files.
- 4. Miscellaneous commands.
- lstat –v
- lsof -i TCP:631
- rpm -qa | egrep ‘^cups|^foomatic|^ghostscript|^hplip’|sort –d
- tail -n 100 /var/log/cups/error_log
1. Download cupsInfo.tgz
2. Open a Terminal window and type “su”
3. Enter root’s password
4. Extract the script from the tarball
5. Make the script executable.
6. Run the cupsInfo.sh script
7. Default execution of this script will create a file in the current directory called cupsInfo.txt.