Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you use GroupWise more effectively. If you have a tip suggestion, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Checking GNOME Weather
When you’re not sure whether or not to bring your coat to lunch, you can easily check the weather in your area from your GNOME panel. Here’s how to set it up:
- Right-click your Top Panel.
- Select Add to Panel -> Accessories -> Weather Report.
- By default the weather report shows the weather in Philadelphia.
- Right-click the new weather applet and select Preferences.
- Click the Location tab.
- Select your location from the list.
- Click the General tab to change any other settings.
- The applet will now display the weather in your area.
- To check the forecast, right-click the applet and select Forecast, then click the Forecast tab.
Try putting a couple weather report applets on your panel: one for where you are and one for where you’d rather be.