Tired of keeping your DVD’s around? Want to create ISO images and add them as installation sources?
These commands have been tested on openSUSE 11.
- First create a directory where you will store your ISO files.
- Now create your ISO
mkisofs -iso-level 4 -J -R -o /home/sources/su1100.001.iso /media/SU1100.001/
- Now we add the ISO as a software repository
zypper ar -c -t yast2 “iso:/?iso=/home/ricardo/sources/su1100.001.iso” “openSuSE 11”
- Verify that the service has been successfully added
- Now we can delete the DVD repository as an installation repository
zypper rr 1
- Let’s quickly enable automatic refresh (optional)
zypper mr -r “openSuSE 11”
- Now we can finally test the ISO repository and install a package like nmap
zypper in -y nmap