Halloween is being celebrated in many parts of the world today. While there may be plenty of tricks and treats, and perhaps little goblins showing up at your door, SUSE customers have less to fear, as they leverage security engineered into our products, and provided by our amazing ecosystem partners. Earlier this year, in my first security ecosystem post, I covered endpoint protection and datacenter security, and highlighted some of our key partners in this space, plus new partners supporting SUSE CaaS Platform. Shifting gears, my focus with this post is on identity, access, and privileged access management. These solutions help ensure only authorized access to systems and data, while keeping unauthorized users out, and ensuring appropriate controls to prevent abuse of privileged access.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES), SUSE’s software defined infrastructure and cloud products are used in some of the most demanding environments, where security is critical. While we build excellent security features into our products, and provide a comprehensive hardening guide, additional security functionality and related management is recommended beyond the operating system level. Our ecosystem continues to expand with emerging security providers, and existing partners have continued to evolve to meet today’s challenges. For instance, in the identity space, partners have moved beyond traditional models, and enable secure access for on-prem, cloud, hybrid cloud, IoT, etc., and support new forms of authentication methods. API security has been on the rise as organizations such as banks enable mobile applications to gain access. As new access methods increase the threat surface, the use of AI (artificial intelligence) is emerging as a means of analyzing massive amounts of security data, to help minimize risk.
SUSE and our customers are fortunate to have a strong ecosystems of security solutions. Here are some of our partners with identity, access and privileged user management solutions.
- BeyondTrust – Privilege-Centric Security, offering a seamless approach to preventing privilege-related data breaches.
- Bomgar – connects and protects people and technology securely with leading secure access solutions that strengthen security while increasing productivity.
- Bull Atos Technologies – complete, integrated and modular solution for digital identity management and access governance compatible with security policies and the regulatory requirements.
- CA Technologies – identity and access management portfolio incorporates authentication, single sign-on, identity provisioning and governance and directory solutions into a comprehensive suite for managing identity and access.
- Centrify – redefining the legacy approach to Privileged Access Management by delivering cloud-ready Zero Trust Privilege to secure modern enterprise use cases.
- CyberArk – privileged access security, a critical layer of IT security to protect data, infrastructure and assets across the enterprise, in the cloud and throughout the DevOps pipeline.
- IBM – silent identity and access management solutions for today’s hybrid environments.
- MicroFocus (NetIQ) – Consistently enforce access rights across your business environment.
- Oracle – enables organizations to effectively manage the end-to-end lifecycle of user identities across all enterprise resources, both within and beyond the firewall and into the cloud.
- Ping Identity – as an identity security company, we simplify how the world’s largest organizations prevent security breaches, increase employee and partner productivity and provide personalized customer experiences.
For more on SUSE’s commitment to security, please visit us at suse.com/security. If you provide security or other software solutions, and would like joint our SUSE partner ecosystem, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Wishing you a low-risk Halloween, and no IT related scares!