SUSE Package Hub officially released!
The following article has been contributed by Wolfgang Engel, Enterprise Build Service Engineer at SUSE.
SUSE Package Hub allows SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 customers to deploy additional open source packages at no cost and with a minimum of effort. All customers with eligible products can now access packages from SUSE Package Hub like any other module or extension for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 products.
SUSE Package Hub is available for the following products (including service packs):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Application 12
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi
SUSE Package Hub contains a growing list of over 800 open source packages.
Accessing SUSE Package Hub
If you are running one of the products listed above, you can access SUSE Package Hub as described below.
YaST2 Registration Module
- Launch the YaST2 Customer Center Module
- Register the base SUSE product, if necessary
- View modules and extensions
- Select the SUSE Package Hub 12 extension
- Accept the SUSE Package Hub key, if prompted
On SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP1, run the following command:
SUSEConnect -p PackageHub/12.1/x86_64
On SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP2, issue the command below:
SUSEConnect -p PackageHub/12.2/x86_64
How to Contribute
SUSE Package Hub is approved by SUSE. This means that SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 remains supported when using packages from SUSE Package Hub. The packages themselves are not officially supported by SUSE.
Please visit our website for more information.