SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.1 Public RC (RC 2) is out!
We are thrilled to announce the Public Release Candidate (RC 2) of SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.1!
SLE Micro is an ultra-reliable, lightweight operating system purpose built for edge computing. Please check out our Product page to learn more, but for the beta program, please refer to our dedicated beta page.
since SLE Micro 5.0?
- Based on SLE 15 SP3
- SUSEConnect re-write
- Full 5G support (Planned, not yet included)
- Secure Device Onboarding (SDO)
- LivePatching (Planned, not yet fully available)
since SLE Micro 5.1 Public Beta
- Adding packages sysstat and numactl,
- Adding sssd packages for ldap integration,
- Updates of the SELinux policies,
- transactional-updates bugs fixes,
- Many fixes coming from SLE 15 SP3 Maintenance,
- Fixing cockpit’s network configuration module,
- Fixed resizing of images on s/390x,
- Fixed podman and toolbox container on s/390X,
- The SLE Live Patching module is available; however, the integration is still missing and applying live patches will not work correctly yet
Call for feedback
We are eager and excited to retrieve your feedback on this new version of our beloved SLE Micro product! As with any SUSE Public Beta Program, we have a public mailing list in place for technical and product discussion as well as a bugzilla setup to be used for bug report.
Please refer to SLE Micro Beta web page for more information.