SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Service Pack 1 Beta 1 !
“Time flies when you’re having fun”, 6 months after releasing the official SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 GA and 1 week after releasing the official SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP4, your SUSE Linux Enterprise Engineering Team (SUSE LEET?!) is thrilled to announce the first beta of SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP1!
You can download SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP1 Beta 1 at https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#download
Here is a sneak peak of the changes mentioned in our Beta announcement on our public sle-beta mailing list.
- Java 11 is now the default JRE, building is also done against Java11,
- Java 10 is part of the Legacy Module now,
- libqt was updated to 5.9.7,
- LLVM updated to version 7, LLVM5 is part of Legacy,
- bcache support included in Installer,
- yast2-packages saw a massive bunch of fixes,
- dmraid was moved into Legacy,
- gcc8 was added to the distribution – note that gcc7 is still the system compiler!
- SLE 15 SP1 Real Time product is now available from the product selection screen,
- Transactional Server Module was added to SLES (only available for ‘pure’ SLES, no other SLE products),
- vpp was added to the Server Application Module,
- ipmctl tools replace ixpdimm-cli tools for NVDIMM handling,
- Last but not least, roughly 640 packages have been touch specifically for SP1, in addition to packages updated with Maintenance Updates since SLE 15.
And as always, all the changes we have made for SLE 15 SP1 Beta 1 compared to SLE 15 GA can not fit in a blog post or an announcement email. So we highly recommend you to check our Release Notes and our changelogs files for a complete overview of the changes in this new version.
SLE 15 SP1 Beta schedule
Please note that we reserve the right to change or adapt this schedule depending on various factors. Rest assured that we will communicate if there is any change of plan. Last but not least, up to date version of the schedule is available here!
Our plan is to release 3 Betas, 3 Release Candidates and one Gold Master Candidate from 14th December 2018 to 10th May 2019. We only provide releases Beta, RC and GMC, so we are excluding our internal Gold Master images for this beta program:
Beta 1 — December 14, 2018
- Beta 2 — January 18, 2019
- Beta 3 — February 01, 2019
- RC1 — February 22, 2019
- RC2 — March 15, 2019
- RC3 – April 12, 2019
- GMC — May 10, 2019
- FCS — Mid June-2019 (First Customer Shipment)
SUSE Public Beta Program
We are doing Public Beta Program for SLE since 2 and half years, and our main page remains the same https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/. So you can bookmark it to keep track of any running SLE Beta Program at any point of time!
Anyway, we are not just doing Public Beta Program for SLE but also for other SUSE Products as well! If you want to learn more about them please check https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/beta/. At the moment we are also running SUSE OpenStack Cloud 9 Beta Program.
More SUSE products will have a Public Beta Program next year, so stay tuned!
If you have any inquiries on our SUSE Public Beta Program, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Great! it’s time to hack and have a lot of fun!! 🙂
I’m downloading the WMware image and I will give a try.
BTW also spreading about this release for spanish speakers geekos in my little blog: