We are happy to announce our first beta release for SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 for:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLE-WE),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availablility (SLE-HA)
SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Beta will be our new major release designed for IT Transformation! SLE 15 is developed with both “Traditional Infrastructure” and “Software-Defined Infrastructure” in mind, thus significant and major changes from the previous SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 are made to address both world in the more elegant and simpler way.
5 key objectives for SLE 15
- Address traditional & containerized infrastructure and provide a common code base for traditional and agile data center.
- Install all SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 products starting from a single medium.
- Hassle-free use of modules & extensions and easily search, install, and use packages across the SUSE universe.
- Multiple architectures and deployment scenarios available on: X86_64, Power LE, System z, ARM64, for physical, virtual, host and guest, and cloud.
- Compliance & Secure Development, Be compliant to regulations, built using a secure development model.
We are thankful for your support in trying out our beta products and we welcome your feedback.
We will of course post more updates about our SUSE Beta Program via blog posts, announcement in our beta mailing lists, and dedicated web pages.