SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 Beta 4 is out!
We are happy to announce Beta 4 isos for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
- NEW SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP (SLES for SAP),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System (JeOS),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLEHA),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLEWE),
- and SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit (SLESDK).
Isos and images available at https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#download
SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 Beta (SLE 12 SP4 Beta) is a consolidation Service Pack release, which includes:
- Selected set of non-disruptive features and new hardware support driven by partner and customer requirements.
- Delivery of all fixes and updates introduced since SLE 12 SP3 release.
3 Major topics for SLE 12 SP4
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP4 focuses on three major topics:
- Hardware support: latest Intel processors, the AMD’s Second Generation EPYC 7xx2
(codename Rome) processors, IBM z Systems and LinuxONE, IBM POWER8 (Little Endian), IBM POWER9 (Little Endian) ARM SoC (Raspberry Pi) and ARM ODM support for selected vendors
- Shared kernel tree between SLE 12 and SLE 15 to ease maintenance and support, as well as increase hardware support.
- New Persistent Memory/NVDIMM feature providing support for target storage for in-memory databases.
Notable changes since Beta 3
- libssh version 0.6.3 now directly in SLES and SLED. It was previously present in SDK only.
- curl version 7.60.0 (rebase from SLE15)
- dapl version 2.1.10
- google-noto-fonts version 20170919 (new font and remove CJK)
- intel-gpu-tools [x86_64]
- kernel, kdump, kexec-tools, crash, linux-glibc-devel, kexec-tools
- vm_stat backporting kvm_stat patches from upstream
- libvirt (bugfix)
- ndctl version 62
- nvme-cli (rebase from SLE15)
- open-iscsi update to latest upstream version
- openssl-1.0 version 1.0.2p
- openssl-1.1 version 1.1.0i
- smc-tools version 1.1.0 [s390x]
- tomcat version 9.0.10
- tpm, tss
- xen [x86_64]
- xfsprogs version 4.15.0
For more details, please check: https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#changelogs
SLE 12 SP4 Public Beta Program
If you want to know more about SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 Beta, please visit: https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/