SUSE is Ready for Big Data
SUSE announced today that we’re ready for big data! Announcements by Intel, EMC and others in the last few weeks have made it clear that the market for big data solutions is heating up. When our customers are looking for the right foundation for their big data deployment, we tell them to use SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (naturally). SUSE Linux Enterprise Server has always been designed for big data workloads and SUSE has been a leader in high performance computing and mainframes for years. Big data is just a natural extension of what we already do. But if you think we’re partial to the leading technology and award-winning service of SUSE (which we are), then don’t just take our word for it. Ask our partners who are leading the way in the big data market with products integrated with and supported on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
- Ask our longstanding partner SAP. They tout SUSE Linux Enterprise Server as the recommended and supported operating system of choice for SAP HANA, the in-memory data platform for performing real-time analytics, ideally suited for big data workloads.
- Ask Teradata. Besides using SUSE Linux Enterprise Server in their data center for their own mission critical workloads, they also deliver the Teradata Aster Big Analytics Appliance, which brings together Apache Hadoop and Teradata Aster into a single highly-integrated and optimized appliance running on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
- Ask Intel. They’re already a great alliance partner, and now SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is a supported operating system for their new Intel Distribution for Apache Hadoop.
- Ask Hortonworks. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is a tier-1 supported operating system for Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), the only 100% open source data management platform for Apache Hadoop.
- Ask WANdisco. Their patented replication technology for Hadoop delivers optimal performance, scalability and availability on a 24-by-7 basis without any downtime or data loss. WANdisco software is certified and supported on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and SUSE is a founding member of the WANdisco Non-Stop Alliance Partner Program.
- Ask Cloudera. The leader in Apache Hadoop-based software and services, for whom SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is a tier-1 supported operating system for the Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop, and the only certified Linux operating system in the Cloudera Connect partner program.
- Ask InterSystems Corporation. Intersystems CACHÉ is the world’s #1 database in clinical healthcare applications, able to handle huge volumes of transactional data, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is a tier-1 supported operating system for Intersystems CACHÉ.
As more business consider big data solutions to help them achieve a truly data-driven enterprise, one thing is clear: SUSE is ready for big data. Today!