With the current increase in data creation, increased costs and flat to lower budgets, IT organizations are looking for ways to deploy highly scalable and resilient storage solutions that manage data growth and complexity, reduce costs and seamlessly adapt to changing demands. Today we are pleased to announce the general availability of SUSE Enterprise Storage 6, the latest release of the award-winning SUSE software-defined storage solution designed to meet the demands of the data explosion.
Based on the Ceph Nautilus release, SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 delivers new features focused on containerized and cloud workload support, improved integration with public cloud, and enhanced data protection capabilities. Helping enable IT organizations to seamlessly adapt to changing business demands by:
• Accelerating innovation as it further removes storage silos, giving customers easier access to different types of data and enabling them to quickly extract information from data using cutting edge search and analytics tools
• Maximizing application availability with faster and more granular backups that can now leverage public cloud resources for improved data protection
• Responding to changing business demands faster with the ability to quickly and easily leverage public cloud resources as part of their storage infrastructure
It also helps reduce operational IT expense by:
• Optimizing data placement with the ability to automatically and efficiently move data between all tiers of storage based on policy, ensuring access to critical data when customers need it
• Improving IT efficiency with a single, scalable storage solution that meets all storage requirements for containerized and cloud-enabled workloads, no matter where they live