As you might know from our SLE 15 SP2 Public Beta announcement, we are now releasing fewer Public Beta ISOs but we are releasing weekly updates, called Snapshot, in our Beta Online Channels!
Our Snapshot Updates for SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Service Pack 2 are available.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP (SLES for SAP),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System (JeOS),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLEHA and SLEHA GEO),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLEWE),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise for High Performance Computing (SLEHPC).
Due to recent inclusion of important fixes (kernel, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, etc) we had to adapt our schedule. These schedule changes give us time to perform additional testing to ensure the best quality of the release.
In short, the Public RC release initially scheduled for April 3th is replaced by a regular weekly update, Public RC is then postponed to April 24th which was initially the Public GMC release date. Last but not least, the dates for Gold Master Candidate and Gold Master are under revision and we will give you an update about these dates as soon as possible, too.
Please find below the new date :
- Public Release Candidate — April 24, 2020
- Public Gold Master Candidate — TBD
As a side note, did you know that kernel fixes submitted to SLE 15 SP2 are reflected in openSUSE Kernel Of The Day (KOTD)? for more information please check https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Kernel_of_the_day or contact us.
Download and Apply Updates
Please note that to be able to test the changes announced here, you need to register your system with a Beta Registration Code!
To request Beta Registration Code, you need to follow this. We will then send you your codes along with a complete FAQ, on how to proceed.
- PostgreSQL 12,
- MariaDB 10.4,
- Media Changes,
- SCSI Devices,
- Tech Preview: Maven in version 3.6.3 has been added to SLES 15 SP2 as a Tech Preview,
Added Packages (selection)
- cmake-full 3.16.2-1.6
- python-xattr: 0.9.7-1.1
- yubikey-manager-qt: 1.1.1-1.12
Updated Packages (selection)
- a-certificates-mozilla: 2.40-4.18.8
- checkpolicy: 3.0-1.1
- cmake: 3.16.2-1.4
- drbd-utils: 9.12.0-1.3
- ipmctl: 02.00.00.3733-1.3
- kernel: 5.3.18-10.1
- libselinux: 3.0-1.5
- lsb-release: 3.1-1.3
- mariadb: 10.4.12-2.4
- MozillaFirefox: 68.6.0-3.75.1
- openssh 8.1p1-3.6
- openssl-1_1 1.1.1d-7.4
- open-vm-tools: 11.0.5-1.3
- osc: 0.167.2-3.12.1
- perl-DBD-Pg: 3.10.4-1.3
- php7: 7.3.15-1.7
- policycoreutils: 3.0-1.1
- powerpc-utils: 184.108.40.206-3.12.1
- restorecond: 3.0-1.1
- s390-tools: 2.11.0-5.6
- suse-build-key: 12.0-8.6.1
- wicked: 0.6.63-1.5
- wireshark: 3.2.2-3.35.2
- yast2 stack
As always, there is a lot more changes that we did not cover her. So please visit https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta for more information like beta schedule, how to report issues, how to start a discussion with SLE Engineering and more.
Have fun beta testing!
Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team