See what’s new with the SUSE Academic Program
SUSE is pleased to announce the growth and success of the SUSE Academic Program. Recent partnerships with GroupLink’s “everything HelpDesk,” and IBM’s Power Systems Academic Initiative have allowed collaboration on software solutions, support training and materials for academic organizations.
Also recently launched, is a joint graduate program aimed at driving open source skills into the South African market. Check out this blog to learn more about the program – “Closing the open source gap through graduate development”.
The SUSE Academic Program
As a leading open source company, SUSE supports schools, higher learning institutions and the academic community in getting free access to our extensive experience and knowledge.
Participating members enjoy a number of benefits:
- Training—Materials for certified Linux and other courses, both for trainers and students.
- Curriculum—Campus-use of these materials for student education by faculty staff.
- Use SUSE for education — Use SUSE products for free for educational or lab purposes.
- Use SUSE for administrative or production workloads – make use of a highly beneficial buying program to buy SUSE products at the right level of support, including special products and terms and conditions only available and priced for educational institutes.
- Development Resources—Access to tools and products for using in lab, software development or other education settings.
- Support—Access to knowledge-base, forums and technical support.
Applicable for schools, colleges, universities, academic hospitals, non-profit museums, and libraries, the SUSE Academic Program offers levels of engagement that matches your needs. Visit suse.com/academic to learn more.
No comments yet