Ready for a Guide to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications?
Having just spoken about SUSE OpenStack Cloud in one of my last blogs, I really don’t want to miss pointing you to another important product recently launched: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications, which is based on SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 1.
This latest release features many new capabilities for efficiently deploying and managing SAP applications on x86 hardware. Enhancements such as improved high availability features for the public cloud and automatic optimization for SAP HANA workloads will help simplify deployment and can increase the uptime of mission-critical SAP workloads on Linux. This helps save time and reduce operating costs.
SUSE Linux Enterprise is the leading platform for SAP solutions on Linux and the recommended and supported operating system of choice for SAP HANA. It is also SAP’s own development platform for Linux. SAP and SUSE have a close joint testing and development relationship that starts at the SAP LinuxLab in Germany. The result: for SAP workloads on Linux, there is no smarter choice.
If you are working with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications in your organization, a really smart choice to get up to speed is to peruse the recently published guide.
On our documentation webpage, you can find it here (Thanks very much to my colleague Stefan Knorr for his excellent work!). This guide provides you with all the essential information and instructions to ensure you will be able to smoothly set up and customize your SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications environment.
Organized in six easy-to-follow chapters, the guide
- Gives an overview of what exactly the product “SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications” is, which components it consists of, and what this solution can do for you.
- Covers how to plan your initial installation. It contains information on hardware requirements, the installation workflow, partitioning and other planning aspects.
- Explains how to install the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server operating system that forms the basis of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications.
- Details the steps of installation of SAP applications on top of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications, either directly after the installation of the operating system or in a running system.
- Leads you through the setup of a server for all installation media used in your organization.
- Describes the software components or tools that are included to configure SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications.
In addition to the official Guide for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications, you can find numerous whitepapers, best practices guides and other helpful resources via the resource library of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications.
Also, we would like to encourage you to provide your feedback for the documentation you’ve read. We appreciate any comment about or suggestion for the new SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications Guide or any related piece of documentation. Don’t be shy: just send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.