Desktop TCO Calculator
Test Scenarios with Your Own Numbers
While SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 costs roughly a tenth of the cost of Windows Vista and Microsoft Office, what are the total costs of deploying, say, a new computer lab with 30 desktops? What impact does the Multiplied Linux Desktop Migration Strategy have on the total hardware, maintenance, electricity and infrastructure costs (i.e., network wiring, Internet switch hardware, patch cables, electrical wiring) involved in deploying a new computer lab?
That’s where this Desktop TCO Calculator fits. Check out the default scenario for a 30-station computer lab or click the “Customize Costs” tab to modify the number of desktops you plan to deploy and change the cost variables to reflect your environment. The objective is to see how much money you can save by deploying the Linux Desktop Multiplier for SLED 10 in your environment. In this case, approximately $45,000, or a 65% cost savings.
Multiplied Linux Desktop Strategy
Modern PCs spend most of the day idle. Organizations are using the Multiplied Linux Desktop Strategy to leverage this unused computing power and to connect up to 10 full-client or thin-client stations to a SINGLE, shared SLED 10 or openSUSE 10.1 computer.
The Multiplied Linux Desktop Strategy helps organizations deploy high-performance, full-client SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktops and enhance SLED 10’s compelling value proposition by providing:
- Significant hardware savings (up to 80%)
- Significant software savings (up to 80%)
- Decreased maintenance costs (up to 80%)
- Decreased “evergreen” costs (up to 80%)
- Decreased electrical consumption (up to 70%)
- Decreased recycling costs (up to 70%)
- Increased simplicity, management and control
- NEW! Desktop TCO Calculator
- NEW! Certified Hardware and Software Bundle
- Linux Migration Strategy White Paper
- Product Brochure ( español | français | dutch )
- Presentation (español )
- Linux Support Forum
- Setup Guide