New tech-preview Images for SUSE Linux Enterprise Base Container Image
We are happy to announce a brand new set of lightweight hardened tech-preview container images (SLE BCI) targeted to developers and operators.
SLE Base Container Images (BCI) are meant to run on any Linux and K8s distributions.
These images are freely redistributable and come with a pre-configured repository offering the same enterprise grade packages as the flagship product SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. The freely available repository offers a lighter set of packages carefully cherry-picked from the official SLES repositories, however it is possible to push an already purchased SLES subscription to these images hence having access to the full universe of packages available.
List of images
You can pull the images with your preferred container engine using the following registry paths:
- registry.suse.com/suse/sle15:latest (the base container image)
- registry.suse.com/bci/init (container with systemd bootstrap)
- registry.suse.com/bci/micro (no zypper, no rpm, only rpmdb)
- registry.suse.com/bci/minimal (no zypper)
- registry.suse.com/bci/nodejs:12 (NodeJS 12)
- registry.suse.com/bci/nodejs:14 (NodeJS 14)
- registry.suse.com/bci/openjdk:11 (Java 11 runtime only)
- registry.suse.com/bci/openjdk-devel:11 (Java 11 development kit + tools)
- registry.suse.com/bci/python:3.6 (Python 3.6)
- registry.suse.com/bci/python:3.9 (Python 3.9)
- registry.suse.com/bci/golang:1.16 (Golang 1.16)
- registry.suse.com/bci/dotnet-aspnet:5.0 (.NET 5.0 runtime only)
- registry.suse.com/bci/dotnet-aspnet:3.1 (.NET 3.1 runtime only)
- registry.suse.com/bci/dotnet-sdk:5.0 (.NET 5.0 development kit)
- registry.suse.com/bci/dotnet-sdk:3.1 (.NET 3.1 development kit)
We are eager to hear your feedback and if you have any inquiry, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.