Installing a D-Link Wireless Card on SLED
Using D-link wireless PCMCIA network adapters with SUSE Linux doesn’t work out of the box and D-link doesn’t support a Linux driver.
You can get your cards to work using Madwifi.
- Start YaST click on Installation Source.
- Under Configured Software catalogs, add a new HTTP server with server name = madwifi.org, directory on server = /suse/10.2 and keep authentication as anonymous.
- Go to YaST Software Management and install all the madwifi updates it presents you with. Choose all the kernal configs as well.
- Reboot your machine
- Go to YaST Network Devices, choose Network Card, use the NetworkManager and you should now see your network card in the list.
- Configure it against your Wireless router’s network settings and you’re done.
- OpenSUSE 10.2
- D-link AirPlus DWL-G650 wireless PCMCIA card.