Goodbye 2020. Here’s What Our Partners Can Look Forward To In 2021!
This is the end of a very memorable year for all of us. Despite the challenges of 2020, we have continued to make it simpler for partners to do business with us. How?
Here’s a quick recap of the 2020 launches that impact our partner community:
- New partner program, the SUSE One Partner Program. Allows you to accelerate your business transformation from value-added reseller, distributor, solution provider, cloud provider, software vendor, hardware vendor to a business that straddles some or all of these categories. You can choose to participate in one or as many of the six specializations offered – Build, Innovate, Sell, Manage, Service, and Train. Each specialization will have its own requirements and benefits related to the different sales approaches and business models.
- Sleek, new partner portal and learning management system. A one-stop shop for partners to access training, sales tools, deal registration and more, removing friction from our interactions with you.
- Overhauled deal registration for Gold and Platinum SELL partners. Based on your feedback, we now offer deal protection and predictable partner profitability for new opportunities that you bring to us.
- Partner solution stacks. Validated hardware, software or cloud components that help our joint customers to successfully implement software, applications or workloads in their IT environments. These stacks are modular, making it easy for you to customize one for your customers’ environment.
- Continued product innovation. Launched a major product release for SUSE Enterprise Storage, and product updates for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, SUSE Manager and SUSE Manager for Retail.
Ending the Year on a High Note
In December we completed our acquisition of Rancher, the most widely used Kubernetes management platform in the world. There is a huge opportunity for our partners to provide crucial services to customers deploying Rancher.
Today only between five and 10 percent of all enterprise applications are containerized. By 2023, analysts predict that this will rise to over 70 percent!
We have already seen a lot of interest from the partner community and I’m excited about how we can bring you in on this opportunity. Get in touch with us to discuss how this can impact your business.
Sneak Peek at 2021
Partners, have been, and will continue to be an important part of our business as we move into the new year.
We are deeply invested in understanding your business. We are focusing our resources to co-sell with you – to run down leads; close on opportunities; win deals! You can expect that in 2021, more than ever, we will be working hand in hand with you to achieve sustainable, mutual growth.
We’re not done evolving the SUSE One Partner Program. We are still collecting your feedback on the changes that we’ve made so far and will be tweaking the program to deliver more value to you – whether that is through deal registration, MDF, upgrades to the partner portal or the launch of more partner solution stacks.
In 2021, as businesses continue to adapt to the challenges that the pandemic has thrown at us, our customers will want more agile IT. You may know that Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs will now be President of Engineering & Innovation at SUSE. Sheng is committed to product innovation and the open source community with no vendor lock-in. I cannot wait to see what Sheng and his team have in store for us. What I want you to take away is that, together, we can solve give our customers the power to innovate everywhere – from the data center, to the cloud, to the edge and beyond.
As we close out an incredibly challenging 2020, thank you to our partner community on behalf from the whole team at SUSE for going the extra mile to deliver measurable outcomes for our joint customers. Here’s to close collaboration and profitable partnerships in the new year!