Fujitsu – easing the pain of SAP HANA deployment
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Fujitsu and its FUJITSU Integrated System PRIMEFLEX for SAP HANA® is quietly converting customers into believers about the power of SAP HANA.
This solution is a pre-defined and pre-tested infrastructure solution based on SAP certified components and it leverages technologies from NetApp, VMware and, of course, SUSE. It covers everything, from pre-installed scale-up systems and VMware virtualized platforms as well as individual scale-up and scale-out concepts in line with the SAP HANA Tailored Data Center Integration (TDI) approach right through to customized disaster-tolerant set-ups. Which is really the beauty of this solution.
And yes, it’s easy for me to be enthusiastic about Fujitsu as I’m part of the alliance team at SUSE working with Fujitsu to bring infrastructure solutions to the market so I thought it might be nice to hear from customers who are using FUJITSU Integrated System PRIMEFLEX for SAP HANA.
Tara Jewels Limited is one of India’s largest jewelry exporters, experienced in the design, manufacturing and retail of studded gold, platinum and silver jewelry. Tara Jewels’ had an aging SAP platform that is critical to core business operations but could no longer support the current runtime and growing business demands. The company chose FUJITSU Integrated System PRIMEFLEX for SAP HANA because of the following reasons:
• Automating critical business processes enabling streamlined administration, and creating bills of material and reports in seconds rather than hours
• In-built resilience provides disaster recovery should issues arise
• ERP operational costs have reduced by 50 percent
• The company has become more agile and can now focus on its ambitious plans for growth
Another company, Al Khaleej Sugar in Dubai, produces 6,000 tons of refined white sugar per day, and employs 800 personnel. The company began production in 1995 and has made remarkable progress in achieving its status as the largest standalone sugar refinery in the world. However, the company’s existing SAP platform was built on outdated hardware and was proving expensive to maintain. Al Khaleej Sugar wanted to find a better performing, innovative solution that would cut costs while also delivering new SAP HANA based business functionalities.
By deploying FUJITSU Integrated System PRIMEFLEX for SAP HANA, Al Khaleej Sugar saw:
• 40 percent reduction in overall costs
• Improved decision making thanks to real-time predictive analysis
• Secure mobile access promotes faster decision making by senior management
• Enhanced operational visibility thanks to improved integration with critical systems
• Optimized availability and scalability – ensuring the company remains ready for future innovations, e.g., Internet of Things
Fujitsu has many more customer successes that you can find at suse.com/fujitsu. One last thing, PRIMEFLEX for SAP HANA is backed by 40 years of experience in delivering fast, secure, high availability implementations with optimized TCO, successfully reducing complexity. You can count on this solution.