Create an ISO from your SLES DVD and add it as an installation source from the command line
We call repositories “services” in SUSE Linux Enterprise.
These commands have been tested on a SLES 10 SP1.
1) First create a directory where you will store your ISO files.
2) Now create your ISO
mkisofs -J -R -iso-level 4 -o /home/sources/sles10sp1.iso /media/SLES10SP_001/
3) Now we add the ISO as a service (installation source)
zypper sa “iso:/?iso=/home/sources/sles10sp1.iso” “SLES 10 SP1”
4) Verify that the service has been successfully added
5) Now we can delete the DVD as a service
zypper sd 1
6) Finally we now test the ISO as a service and install a package like nmap
zypper in -y nmap