Create an ISO from your openSUSE DVD and add it as an installation source from the command line
Tired of keeping your DVD’s around? Want to create ISO images and add them as installation sources?
These commands have been tested on openSUSE 11.
- First create a directory where you will store your ISO files.
- Now create your ISO
mkisofs -iso-level 4 -J -R -o /home/sources/su1100.001.iso /media/SU1100.001/
- Now we add the ISO as a software repository
zypper ar -c -t yast2 “iso:/?iso=/home/ricardo/sources/su1100.001.iso” “openSuSE 11”
- Verify that the service has been successfully added
- Now we can delete the DVD repository as an installation repository
zypper rr 1
- Let’s quickly enable automatic refresh (optional)
zypper mr -r “openSuSE 11”
- Now we can finally test the ISO repository and install a package like nmap
zypper in -y nmap