SUSE Manager 3.2, the latest release from SUSE, delivers best-in-class open source infrastructure management with new enhancements focused on lowering costs, improving DevOps efficiency and easily managing large complex deployments across IoT, cloud and container infrastructures.
As a key component of a software-defined infrastructure, SUSE Manager 3.2 provides you with three major key new benefits:
• Lowers costs and simplify deployment while easily scaling larger environments for Public Cloud and Kubernetes infrastructures.
Reduce bandwidth costs, minimize resource needs, and ease deployment with the new container-based SUSE Manager Proxy deployment option, allowing you to more easily scale larger environments for Public Cloud and Kubernetes infrastructures.
Simplify deployment of or migration to the latest release of SLE with support for the new streamlined installer and modular OS.
• Improve DevOps efficiency and meet compliance requirements with a single tool to manage and maintain everything from your edge devices to your Kubernetes environments.
Improve efficiency by managing and maintaining your Raspberry Pi based IoT devices and SUSE CaaS Platform environment, using the same tool you use to manage and maintain your bare metal and virtualized Linux environments.
Improve operational efficiencies by providing easy automation of repetitive tasks without the need for advanced scripting skills via re-usable action chains.
Ensure you are meeting your business’ compliance requirements, by monitoring and patching your Raspberry Pi based IoT devices and container-based workloads to the latest security and patch levels.
• Easily manage large complex deployments with new extended forms-based UI capabilities
Easily manage complexity with the extended capabilities in our easy to use forms-based UI, allowing users and administrators to define/model even more complex configurations, helping ensure more consistent and repeatable installations and deployments of those complex configurations.
Easier setup and monitoring of resource groups with the integration of Prometheus Monitoring and Grafana.
NEW to SUSE Manager? You should give it a try!!
SUSE Manager is a best-in-class open source infrastructure management solution for your software-defined infrastructure. Designed to help your enterprise DevOps and IT Operations teams to reduce complexity and regain control of IT and IoT assets, increase efficiency while meeting security policies and optimize operations with automation to reduce costs.
SUSE Manager helps your enterprise DevOps and IT operations teams to:
Optimize operations while reducing costs with automated Linux server and IoT device provisioning, patching and configuration for faster, consistent and repeatable server deployments.
• Easily manage and optimize usage of your SUSE subscriptions helping you to ensure you aren’t buying subscriptions you don’t need.
• Improve onboarding efficiency of new HW with automated discovery (via PXE boot).
• Optimize operations by enabling IT to quickly build container images based on their SUSE Manager repositories.
• Increase operational efficiency and support CI/CD, with a single tool (using Salt) for automated deployment of hardened OS templates (bare metal, VMs or containers) to tens of thousands of servers and IoT devices for faster, consistent & repeatable provisioning and configuration without compromising speed or security.
• Reduce costs with automated patch management enabling you to deploy patches based on software channel assigned to ensure systems are kept up to date.
Reduce complexity and regain control of IT assets with a single tool to manage Linux systems across a variety of hardware architectures, hypervisors as well as container, IoT and cloud platforms.
• Reduce complexity with a single tool that lets you easily onboard and manage any Linux server connected to the network, from edge devices to your Kubernetes environment, no matter where it is located – in your data center, a 3rd party data center or in the cloud.
• Improve visibility of your infrastructure – with improved graphical visualization of your IT systems status and their relationships. Once an asset has been on-boarded, you’ll never “lose” it. So, if it goes offline or stops responding you will know. Quickly view your Linux assets and identify assets that need attention.
• Simplify management and regain control of your IT assets with graphical visualization of your IT systems and their relationships as well as the capability to organize Linux servers into logical groupings – group them, tag them with additional details (location in the DC, Rack, etc.)
– Locate and store HW specifics for the servers and IoT devices enabling grouping/tagging by HW characteristics (vendor tags, CPU architecture, RAM).
Ensure compliance with internal security policies and external regulations with automated monitoring, tracking, auditing and reporting of your systems/devices, VMs and containers across your development, test and production environments.
• Comprehensive monitoring solution that enables operations to monitor your Linux environments from the HW through the OS layer up to their applications.
• Detailed compliance auditing and reporting with the ability to track all HW and SW changes made to your managed Linux infrastructure.
• Easily track system compliance with automated patch management ensures daily notifications of systems not compliant with the current patch level.
• Faster non-compliant remediation with the ability to quickly identify systems deployed in hybrid cloud and container infrastructures that are out of compliance to hardened profiles/templates based on your own internal security policies.
Already using SUSE Manager? Please can you give us a review and share your experience at https://www.gartner.com/reviews/home