Build and install Banshee on SUSE Linux 10.1
No SUSE 10.1 RPM’s for latest version of Banshee are available.
Build and install Banshee on SUSE Linux 10.1.
- If you have an older version of Banshee installed then start with uninstalling it (i.e Yast, remove all Banshee RPM’s).
- Install these packages (using Yast):
- Get the latest version of Banshee from http://banshee ( http://banshee/ )-project.org/. In this scenario the version was 0.11.1
Download the files:
- Unpack Banshee (banshee-0.11.0.tar.gz) to a temp directory.
- Open a terminal in this directory and run:
- Switch to root (su)
Run (will default install to /usr/local):
- Exit to your regular user and start Banshee (/usr/local/bin/banshee &)
- Installation of Banshee plugins are done the same way. In my case I unpacked banshee-official-plugins-0.11.0.tar.gz and run the commands above (i.e “./configure” “make” “make install”)
You’re done, enjoy!
Open SUSE 10.1
Should work on SLED 10 but not verified