BrainStorm Cool Tip: Changing Headers and Footers in OpenOffice.org 2.0 Calc
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing
Changing Headers and Footers in OpenOffice.org 2.0 Calc
When you’re ready to print your OpenOffice.org Calc spreadsheet, you may notice a header you don’t remember defining. You can define this header and customize it so it includes what you want by following the steps below:
- Place your cursor on the page you want to print.
- Select Format | Page.
- Click the Header tab.
- Click Edit.
- Use the Header drop-down list to choose among several predefined headers. OR
- Place your cursor in one of the areas of the header and either type your content or click a Custom header button to insert a predefined field. Click the Font button to change font attributes.
- Click OK.
- Click the Footer tab.
- Use the Footer drop-down list to choose among several predefined footers. OR
- Place your cursor in one of the areas of the footer and either type your content to click a Custom footer button to insert a predefined field. Click the Font button to change font attributes.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
- Click the Page Preview button OR select File | Page Preview to see the results of your header and footer changes.
see a flash demonstration of this tip, click the play button below.
You can get more OpenOffice.org 2.0 tips and tricks when you order BrainStorm’s new OpenOffice.org 2.0 Computer-Based Training. This Web- and Flash-based training system will work on any browser or platform and includes over six hours of instructor-led training topics. The Computer-Based Training is also completely searchable and includes pre-defined courses according to the level of training you need. For more information, contact BrainStorm, Inc.